call us817-498-4105

Offices in Hurst and Galveston

Divorce FAQ

Watauga divorce lawyer FAQ

I am Daniel R. Bacalis, a divorce lawyer with almost 40 years of experience. Every week, I speak with people who have decided to divorce or are thinking about getting divorced. Inevitably, they have many questions about the process and what they can expect. I have provided answers to some of the most common divorce questions below.

You probably have many questions about your situation. In a free consultation, I can answer your questions and provide guidance about what you should do next.

Contact Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C., Attorney at Law, today to schedule your free initial consultation.

Frequently Asked Questions About Divorce

How long does the divorce process take?

It is possible to obtain an uncontested divorce in as little as 60 days. A divorce involving significant disputes over children or property will take significantly longer, perhaps up to three years. Most divorces and related issues can be resolved in about a year or less. At my firm, I work to resolve each divorce as quickly as possible, without compromising my clients' rights.

How much does a divorce cost in terms of legal fees?

The answer depends on your particular situation and the amount of work it will take to obtain a satisfactory resolution of all issues. I do not believe in needlessly running up legal fees, and I work to resolve all outstanding issues efficiently. In many cases, I use alternative dispute resolution techniques such as divorce mediation or negotiation to obtain results in a cost-effective way. After we have discussed your case, I can provide you with a clear understanding of what you may expect in terms of legal fees.

Will I have to pay or will I receive alimony?

Most divorces do not involve alimony (spousal maintenance). When it is required, it is often on a temporary or interim basis. I can review your situation and give you a definitive answer to the alimony question.

My children are taking things hard. How can I help them understand?

I can provide you with guidance about how to discuss your divorce with your children. The best thing to do in the long run, though, is to achieve a satisfactory resolution of your divorce. This includes fair parenting time arrangements that enable you to play an active role in your children's lives. I have experience developing creative custody and visitation solutions, and I will work hard to help you obtain an outcome that enables you to achieve your full potential as a parent.

My spouse has mistreated me during our marriage. What options do I have?

I can review your specific situation and explain your options. There are certain types of actionable misbehaviors in marriage that can give you an advantage regarding property distribution or custody, and I will seek the best possible outcome for you. In general, though, I believe in helping my clients "get ahead" rather than helping them "get even."

Contact a Bedford Divorce Attorney

For a free initial consultation with a lawyer, contact my firm. Located in Hurst, Texas, I serve clients throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, including Grapevine, Tarrant County, Watauga, Euless, Southlake, Bedford, Denton County, and Parker County. Please call 817-498-4105 today.

Connect With Us

contact us

Please fill out the form below or call our office at 817-498-4105 to schedule a complimentary consultation.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Phone *
Email *
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Elite Lawyer badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top