call us817-498-4105

Offices in Hurst and Galveston

Out of State Family Law Issues Lawyer

Watauga family law attorney for out of state court orders

Out of State Family Law Issues Attorney

Have you moved to Texas, even though you are abiding by a divorce settlement out of state? Is your new residency affecting your child support or child custody plan? If you want to talk to a lawyer who understands Texas state family law, I can help. I am attorney Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C., and I can answer your questions about how Texas law will affect your out-of-state divorce settlement.

Understanding Interstate Family Law Issues

Every state has different laws governing the rights of families. As a Texas state bar Board Certified family law attorney, I understand the state laws of Texas governing divorce proceedings. If your divorce settlement occurred in another state, I can help you deal with all aspects of interstate child custody and relocation. I also help families who want to leave Texasafter a divorce settlement.

Dealing With Your Previous State of Residence

The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (UCCJA) regulates the interplay between state rules governing child support, custody and visitation. If you are moving to Texas, you will have to file a foreign judgment for child support and visitation rights. If you do not file this judgment, the judge in the first state will continue to make findings, and you will continue to have to abide by his rulings. I can help you make the right changes to fit your new situation and make sure the courts confer with one another, so you are subject to one ruling.

Understanding Texas State Law

Your divorce settlement was based on your residency within a particular state. Moving out of state does not change the laws by which you must abide. When you move, you have to take legal action to make sure your change in situation affects your previous plan. I will help you understand how Texas state family law affects you, and I will explain your options to you in language you can understand.

Contact a Parker County Family Law Attorney

Having lived in North Texas, I wholeheartedly support a move to this fine area of the country. With nearly four decades of legal family law experience in Texas, I can help you understand how your move will affect your child custody and support plan. Contact me at my Hurst, Texas law office today for a free initial consultation. Please call 817-498-4105. Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C. assists with divorce and child custody issues in Denton County, Tarrant County, Southlake, Hurst, Parker County, Grapevine, Bedford, Watauga, and Euless.

Connect With Us

contact us

Please fill out the form below or call our office at 817-498-4105 to schedule a complimentary consultation.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Phone *
Email *
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Elite Lawyer badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top