call us817-498-4105

Offices in Hurst and Galveston

Hurst Paternity Dispute Attorney

Bedford paternity dispute attorney

Tarrant County Paternity Dispute Lawyer in Hurst, TX

In 2011, Texas enacted a law (SB785) that enables a man to contest the paternity of a child and stop paying child support.

It may be possible to obtain a court ruling that reverses your standing as the legal father of a child if:

  • You were married when your child was born, or
  • You signed an Acknowledgement of Paternity (AOP), or
  • You failed to contest paternity because of a mistaken belief that you were actually the father.

At my firm, Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C., I represent men who wish to contest paternity or reverse an acknowledgment of paternity. If you believe that you are not the father of a child, you should act quickly to obtain relief.

Statute of Limitations for Filing a Petition

The law contains a provision limiting the period in which a man can file a petition to contest paternity. In general, a man wishing to contest paternity must file a petition no later than one year from the date on which he obtains information indicating that he is not the father.

In order to obtain relief under the new law, you must have signed an AOP or failed to contest paternity because of a belief that you were actually the father based on misrepresentations made to you.

What My Firm Can Do for You

Your rights to relief under SB785 can only be determined through a thorough analysis of the facts of your situation. In a free initial consultation, I can review your case and explain your options. If you retain my firm, you can be assured that I will seek to achieve a positive resolution as quickly and efficiently as possible. This will include a termination of your child support obligations, though it will not be possible to obtain a refund of child support paid before the date of the order declaring you not to be the legal father of the child.

Contact a Denton County Paternity Contest Lawyer

With an office in Hurst, Texas, Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C., serves clients throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, including Tarrant County, Parker County, Bedford, Euless, Watauga, Grapevine, Southlake, and Denton County. Contact my firm for a free initial consultation about a paternity or child support matter. Please call 817-498-4105.

Connect With Us

contact us

Please fill out the form below or call our office at 817-498-4105 to schedule a complimentary consultation.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Phone *
Email *
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Elite Lawyer badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top