Notice: Undefined index: google_analytics in /home/ocvaws/public_html/ on line 77

Notice: Undefined index: google_verification in /home/ocvaws/public_html/ on line 77

Notice: Undefined index: microsoft_validate in /home/ocvaws/public_html/ on line 77

call us817-498-4105

Offices in Hurst and Galveston

Hurst Child Relocation Attorney

Watauga parental relocation attorney

Tarrant County Child Relocation Lawyer Serving Texas

A divorce represents a major change in your life. You may be ready to make another major change and move your family. However, Texas has tight restrictions governing the rights of people who want to relocate with their children. I am Tarrant County family law attorney Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C., and I can help you understand the challenges you face if you are ready to relocate with your children after your divorce, such as which reasons judges recognize for relocation, and which scenarios are not validated by the court.

Parental Relocation

Texas state courts are very strict when it comes to post-divorce child relocation. It is generally the court's belief that all children have the right to see both parents, and both parents have the right to see their children. In most cases, the court will not let the parent with legal custody leave the state. However, every situation is different, and relocation might be the right choice for everyone in your family. As a lawyer who is Board Certified in family law, I can help you understand how the law affects your situation. I will be forthright with you, so you understand the legal process and what your chances of relocation are, so you know exactly what is going on at all times.

Leaving Texas After Your Divorce, Making Relocation Work

If your co-parent is not involved in the lives of your children or is not paying child support, you have a much better chance of being awarded relocation rights. You are not, however, allowed to destroy the potential for a meaningful relationship between your child and the other parent. I can help you through alternative dispute resolution and come up with a plan that works for you.

What Happens if You Move?

If you get permission to move to another state with your children, there will still be child relocation questions you will have to answer. Will you be subject to family law in Texas or your new state of residence? I can help you prepare for the challenges ahead. These cases are few and far between, but as an experienced lawyer, I have handled them before, and I am familiar with what needs to be done.

Contact a Bedford Child Relocation Lawyer

After your divorce, you are ready for change. That may mean moving to another state or an international move. If you are interested in relocation with your children, you will have to take legal steps to make sure you get permission. Contact me today at my Hurst law office for a free initial consultation, and find out how I can help. Please call 817-498-4105. Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C. provides legal help with post-divorce relocation in Euless, Parker County, Southlake, Grapevine, Watauga, Denton County, Bedford, and Tarrant County.

Connect With Us

contact us

Please fill out the form below or call our office at 817-498-4105 to schedule a complimentary consultation.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Phone *
Email *
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.

Elite Lawyer badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top