Modifying & Enforcing Court Orders After Divorce

Texas law recognizes that as lives and circumstances change, court orders may need to be modified. If you or your ex-spouse experiences a substantial change in circumstances, such as the loss of a job or a substantial increase in income, you may need to consider seeking a modification of court orders regarding child support. I am Fort Worth attorney Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C., and I can help you take these changes into consideration.

If your child support or spousal support or maintenance plan is not working, it may be time for the modification of court orders. As a Board Certified family law attorney, I help clients throughout North Texas come up with support plans that work. As the financial situation of you or your former spouse changes, your support payments should change with it.

Child Support Modification

To modify divorce documents or modification of child support orders, it needs to benefit your children. I will help you understand what is going on in your situation, so you can make the right decision. Sometimes people think they owe for one thing, when they actually owe for something else. These mistakes are much more common when people try to represent themselves. By contacting an experienced family lawyer, you can make sure you get the appropriate modification of court orders.

It may be easier to make an informal agreement, but unless you make appropriate modifications with the court, you will continue to owe support. If you are in jail or out of state, it is important to make the right modifications so you do not owe back due child support payments.

Possession and Child Custody Modification

Changes in economic circumstances, like salary, are not the only changes that will affect the lives of your children. You may also seek a modification in your child custody plan. The court generally allows children to decide where they want to live once they reach the age of 12. Your family is not bound by the court’s original decision. As circumstances change, the modification of court orders allows for change to occur.

Discuss Your Legal Options In A Free Consultation

You want what is best for your family. You want what is best for your children. The modification of court orders can protect your rights and provide for your family. Contact me at my Galveston or Hurst, Texas, law office today for a free initial consultation. Please call 817-576-1023.