What is a Family Law Specialist?

The choice of an attorney may influence the outcome of your case more than any other single factor. How do you make a wise choice?

Consider hiring a lawyer who is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS).

I am Daniel R. Bacalis, a board certified family law specialist serving Fort Worth and the surrounding areas. A small percentage of Texas family lawyers have taken the steps required to achieve board certification.

Contact Daniel R. Bacalis, P.C., Attorney at Law
Certified Family Law Specialist; Call 817-576-1023

Board certified family law specialists have participated in the contested trial of cases involving matters such as divorce, property division, child custody, child support, adoption, paternity or other matrimonial matters.

To become a board certified specialist in family law, an attorney must have:

  • Been licensed to practice law for at least five years
  • Devoted a required percentage of practice to a specialty area for at least three years
  • Handled a wide variety of matters in the area to demonstrate experience and involvement
  • Attended continuing education seminars regularly to keep legal training up to date
  • Been evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges
  • Passed a six-hour written examination

According to the TBLS, board certification is a voluntary designation program for attorneys. Initial certification is valid for a period of five years. To remain certified, a lawyer must apply for recertification every five years and meet substantial involvement, peer review and continuing legal education requirements for the specialty area.

In the law as in life, there are no guarantees. However, retaining a board certified family law specialist means hiring a lawyer who has fulfilled requirements that go beyond passing the bar exam.

Free Consultation ▪ Credit Cards Accepted ▪ Payment Plans Available

If you are seeking a skilled and experienced family law attorney, please contact my office to arrange a free consultation today. Please call 817-576-1023.